1. Identify lichen microbiomes interacting with GHGs, including nitrous oxide and methane, considering environmental factors.
2. Sample common lichens of Finnish forests, incubate in labs for GHG study.
3. Measure gas consumption/emission using stable isotopes and mass spectrometry.
4. Correlate gas data with lichen transcriptomes and microbial communities.
5. Trace GHG uptake for lichen biomass in diverse environments.
6. Analyze microbial communities across seasons and sites.
7. Identify enzymatic pathways via transcriptomics.
8. Describe lichen ultrastructure to locate GHG-related microbes.
9. Upscale GHG findings to assess boreal forest contribution